Few persons use one extension -> statistics

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by gdpl, May 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gdpl

I'm trying to solve the problem how to make statistics "per user" when one phone is used by few persons. 3CX has no implemetation of logging on extension with own PIN and number. Has anybody an idea?

2. discovery1

discovery1 Member

Is each "user" logging onto the phone with a separate extension number and PIN code?
    You would have to get them to do that if you want to get individual statistics or get them to use softphones.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. gdpl

It may be same number, same phone, but the statistic must by made "by person". There are 25 phones and 50 people and we have to know "who, how often and when".

4. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi

Please try to reformulate your problem in SIP terms (the only terms recognized by a SIP environment). In our case, I mean phone address+port, SIP extension and caller ID.

Regards
    vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

This is not possible with 3CX. Each user must have his own extension

6. gdpl

I hope 3CX is thinking about it...

7. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

We will start to "think" right after you will publish the list of your requirements.
    At the moment, we can only try to "conjecture" it :)

Thanks

8. gdpl

I know, that it should be in "Reqested features" forum. Please think about situation, that user has his own phone number with PIN, and he can login on any phone and gets his own settings. System should be based on pairs "user-number", not only "phone ext.-number". Admin should be able to make statistics for each user independed of phone ext he used.
    Imagine the callcenter, not very big, but with three shifts. It gives three persons at one desktop daily, but thay haven't fixed working hours. And I have to know who and how many calls has made and received. And I have to sell Avaya or something else, but not 3CX...

9. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Sorry for my English, but is it the definition of your request:
    "I need to be able to define extension (effectively hardware phone) which can "host" a lot of agents (be the "mutable" agent position)"

Is it correct?

Thanks

10. gdpl

Yes - that's exactly what I want (+ statistic made for each user, not only for extension).
    PS> My English is also very poor :)

11. Bob Denny

Bob Denny New Member

I think he's asking for a system where someone identifies himself by "logging in" the phone. So a phone would not be registered until it is "logged in" with that person's identity. Thus, a person would have an extension number, and that extension number follows the person. It is not bound to a phone, but to a person.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.