• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

File Locations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob

Reaction score
Hi,

I’m okay with the default install location for the 3CX PhoneSystem at C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem, but I don’t want my VoiceMails to be stored there. How can I change them to be located elsewhere on my system?

Thanks!

You CAN store them somewhere else. I am not sure if this will work on a remote server (as in a network share). Maybe if you mount a disk on another machine it would probably work. But anyway on the same machine you would have to modify the 3CXPHONESYSTEM.INI file which is in the following location

C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Bin\3cxphonesystem.ini

Then go to [Voicemail] section and under this section you must enter a new parameter. This new parameter is
voicemaildir = <full path>

Let me know how this goes

Thanks, but that parameter is not in my copy of C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Bin\3cxphonesystem.ini

Maybe its moved off to the registry?

I have 3CX Phone System v3.0.2328.0

This is why I said "you must enter a NEW parameter" because this parameter is not in the ini file at the moment. The [voicemail] server uses the default location unless you specify this parameter.

You must add this new parameter. Add a new line

[VoiceMail]
voiceMailDir = <full path>

please have in mind that parameter is case sensitive if I am not mistaken

It works, thanks.

For any other readers, I found the default location of the VoiceMail wav files is to be "C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Data\Ivr\Voicemail"

There is a subdirectory "Extentions" and then under this, all the various extentions that have VoiceMails waiting for them. I wanted to move this to my E-Drive and have created the following folder:

"E:\WorkSpace (no backup)\3CX Phone System\Data\Ivr\VoiceMail"

...and entered the following parameter:
[VoiceMail]
voiceMailDir = "E:\WorkSpace (no backup)\3CX Phone System\Data\Ivr\VoiceMail"

After restarting the various 3CX services, the "Extensions" subdirectory was automatically created. Upon the first VM left, the extension subfolders were also created.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deanhbs
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.