Solved File not Found when calling PBX

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by TCF, Dec 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TCF

TCF

After upgrading to V15 when I call our main line the response is "File Not Found" instead of playing our Digital Receptionist WAV file. I found that V15 is pickier about the wav format so I followed the tutorial below

http://www.3cx.com/docs/converting-wav-file/#h.a3mrwq9f9qkn

and converted our WAV file to 8hz / 16bit Mono, etc. This did not fix the problem. It still says File Not Found. I tried putting our PBX into Holiday Mode, out of Office Mode, and Normal business hour mode, all 3 have newly created wav files in audacity using the recommended settings, yet no matter what I try it says File Not Found. I can enter an extension number after hearing this message and successfully connect to an extensions voicemail, hearing their voicemail message that was created using the extensions phone.

Any suggestions?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It sounds like more an issue of not locating the file at all rather than the file not being the correct format. I would confirm where 3CX expects the file to be.

3. TCF

TCF

I am able to successfully download and play the audio file from inside the 3CX Web Console

4. GiannosC_3CX

GiannosC_3CX Guest

Dear TCF,

Do you have any update on Promptsets tab? If you have new updates please download the new version of UKEnglish and then on Settings option on the management console, Settings -> System Prompts Settings -> Manage Prompt Sets select the Standard English Prompts Set and click ok. After that please restart the 3CXPhone System Configuration Server. Also you can use this link to convert your files to wav format http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/sp2-convert-wav-files/

Please let us know if it works.

TCF likes this.
  5. TCF

TCF

I was unable to get the files to work using the Audacity guide. The converter did the trick. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.