Find exact CallID

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Tertius, Apr 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tertius

Hi all! I have been struggling with this for quite a while now, hope I can find some help here.

I've developed a 3rd party application that will need to link a variable to the CallID of a specific call. This way by searching for an instance of the variable I will be able to retrieve the call's recording and listen to it.

I've developed on both API's made available to us by 3CX namely the Call Control API and the Phone Client API. I've come to the conclusion that the CallID provided by the property in the Phone Client API is not the same CallID that is found at the end of each recording file name i.e. [********]_*******-****_*********(CallID).wav.

I intend on working with the Call Control API more to see if I can narrow down the results it currently gives to represent only the recordings we seek. At the moment it gives us the CallID of ANY Active Connection.

Has anyone here tried to do something similar? Is there a way locating a call recording outside of the Call Control API.

Any and all help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

2. pj3cx

pj3cx Active Member

Hi there,
    In fact you can get the correct CallID through the Call Control API, by reading the ActiveConnection.CallID value.
    Have a look at the sample project named dn_monitor / DNmonitor.cs from the samples package available on: http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/call-control-api/
    Here I just did a test call between 100 and 101 with 101 recording all calls, and the CallID read matched the one stored in recording file name.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Tertius

Hello,

The 2 CallIDs differ. If the Callcontrol gets 100, the phone api would reports an different ID for example 102:2.

Why the difference, and how could we link the two?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.