Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Finding expert to help with upgrading from 10 to 11

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by lsi, May 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lsi

lsi

We have a current 3cx install running locally. This powers our company communications and also a VAD app. We're wanting to upgrade to version 11, on a completely different server. This new machine will have a new IP address.

We are currently using two VOIP providers (DidForSale and NexVortex).

Can anyone suggest the best way to go about hiring an expert to help with this move? I do not have the time at present to handle this move myself. I tried once and exported all the settings from current machine, installed v11 on new machine and imported settings, but there were just too many little things that needed updating in order to make everything work.

Because of the VAD app, we cannot afford any downtime, so I'm thinking this "move" will have to be done after 6pm EST and on a week night (VAD app gets too much use on weekends).

Any suggestions?

Thanks much!

2. mlump

mlump New Member

Your probably Best of Finding a local certified Partner, you can use the http://www.3cx.com/ordering/find-reseller/. If there is a Premium partner close that would probably be where i would start. You could also call the 3CX Sales office in the US at 4049732973 and ask them to recommend a partner to help you out.

3. lsi

lsi

We are in BFE and have already tried that route. No luck.

The 3CX office has been of very little help to us since we purchased this software a couple of years ago. We paid for a year of support and when we contacted their internal support, we were told to contact our reseller.

4. mlump

mlump New Member

Yea 3CX does not provide support for customers only there Partners, That's the number for the Sales office though and i know they guys that work there they should be able to recommend someone for you.

5. lsi

lsi

They claim to provide support for customers -- and they sell a support plan, but they didn't seem interested in helping when I contacted them. I got very generic help, like I generally get here.

The reason I posted here was hoping someone would PM me and offer their services. I don't need someone in person -- everything can be done remotely.

6. cobaltit

cobaltit Well-Known Member

pm sent

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.