FIR

Discussion in 'iOS' started by complex1, Sep 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. complex1

complex1 Active Member

My first impression:
    I will use the iPhone (3GS, OS 4.1, not Jail-broken) most of the times via local WiFi.
    Download an installing the app gives no problem
    Setting up the user account is very easy and when finished the phone immediate connect to the PBX.
    One thing I don’t understand
    - Why a IP-address for Internal Server and External Server, because you can’t select an Int or Ext dial-out account
    Call recording performs well, also Hold and Transfer calls.

Even this is a Beta version I love it already. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

when your pbx is reachable form the internet (non local wifi or 3G networks) the app will try and find its way to the pbx.
    if internal fails it will uses the external address to connect to the pbx. U as user have nothing to do. So u can use ur app internal and external w/o any profile fiddling or so ever. If you only used it with wifi and internally you will not get to this point.

thx for your testing time

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. complex1

complex1 Active Member

iPhone does not ring

I know that I am not the only one, but English is not my native language so I will describe step by step what I have done.

1. start the 3CXPhone (iPhone ext 103)
    2. wait until the phone locked automatically
    3. switch on the phone, red bar shown at top of display
    4. no key click is heard when entering the security login code
    5. start YouTube app, red bar disappears
    6. calling the iPhone, no ringtone on the iPhone and no sound in caller phone
    7. stop YouTube app
    8. calling the iPhone, no ringtone on the iPhone and no sound in caller phone, caller abort the call
    9. run the 3CXPhone app, now the iPhone starts ringing and stay ringing even when the call is accepted. Phone stops ringing when the call is terminated on the iPhone.
    10. Phone is member of a ring group. When calling the ring group all phones in the group are ringing except the iPhone when running the YouTube app.

Not only the YouTube app let disappear the red bar, several other apps will do the same. Like Q-music and Veronica, but when the Sky Radio app runs you can call the phone without any problem. When running Fusion Radio, also the red bar disappears then when I start 3CXPhone app everything seems to be OK, but there is no sound at all, no ringtone, no audio.
    Stopping and starting the 3CXPhone app will solve the problem.

4. complex1

complex1 Active Member

I think the release date of the 3CXPhone for iPhone at the end of this month is very short, because only 4 beta testers respond on your request to give any feedback.
    Or is no feedback a positive result of testing the app, without any problems?

I have one suggestion for now and that is: when the phone is locked and somebody is calling you, the phone is ringing but you can’t answer the call immediate.
    First you have to unlock the phone, then you must start the app and finally you can answer the call. This could take a long time.
    Is there a possibility to answer the call directly, or change the app to make this possible?

I can make calls from the address book without any problem. The book is synchronised with Microsoft Outlook 2010

5. complex1

complex1 Active Member

I am running now 1.0.13

The app is more stable now. (No crash so far)
    Still no key clicks when filling in the entry code of the iPhone
    Music is playing well in the background

The red tab on top of the screen push down the apps who shown the tab. So if you hold the phone in portrait you will miss the bottom row or see half buttons. But when you held the phone in landscape there is enough screen space to show the complete page.

When an app is “killing” the red tab and you return to the main screen, the tab does not come back. The 3CXPhone remain active. To show the tab again you must rerun the 3CXPhone app.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.