Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Firewall check failed ~~for public IP

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by kate, Mar 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kate

MY firewall check failed ~~~

I got the message "The machines is on a public IP.Please check the FAQ for more information". "agentAddr = 81.230.29.162:4200"

what is the "81.230.29.162:4200"

Please help , thank

2. landfiets

landfiets New Member

nothing to worry about. i had the same on a public IP and it seems normal everything.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Andy Schmidt

Andy Schmidt New Member

Re: Firewall check always fails for a public IP?

Hi,

I get the feeling that "Firewall Check" is mislabeled (to be polite).

My 3CX system is BEHIND a firewall, but I assigned a public IP to the system. So it's protected, but I don't need to use NAT. Consequently, I don't need to use STUN? Correct? So I have "STUN" settings disabled.

The correct ports are open and the Firewall check shows them in "green".
    The only "red" line is:
    "Error (13) The machine is on a public IP. Please check the FAQ for more information. agentAddr = 87.230.29.162:4200 "

a) Why is having a public IP an "Error"?

b) Why does the Firewall Check "FAIL" - when all required ports were found open?

I get the feeling, the "Firewall Check" isn't reall a Firewall Check - it's a STUN/NAT check? And if STUN/NAT is not needed, then it treats that as an "fail/error"?

That seems like it's a bug?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.