Firewall Check Failed

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by hanshen, Feb 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hanshen

I believed I setup port forwarding in my router correctly, however I've got Firewall Check Failed:

testing 3CX SIP Server... failed (How to resolve?)
    • stopping service... done
    • detecting SIP ALG... not detected
    • testing port 5060... Mapping does not match 5060. Mapping is 25676.

I've contacted my ISP and found my public IP is not static public IP, went to Settings -> Network, changed to Dynamic Public IP (IP changes),

When run Fairwall Check, got following Internal Server Error(500)

Internal Server Error(500)
    d__12.MoveNext()
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
    at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
    at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ControllerActionInvoker.d__10.MoveNext()
    at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ControllerActionInvoker.Rethrow(ActionExecutedContext context)
    at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ControllerActionInvoker.Next(State& next, Scope& scope, Object& state, Boolean& isCompleted)
    at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ControllerActionInvoker.d__14.MoveNext()
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
    at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ResourceInvoker.d__22.MoveNext()
    at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ResourceInvoker.Rethrow(ResourceExecutedContext context)
    at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ResourceInvoker.Next(State& next, Scope& scope, Object& state, Boolean& isCompleted)
    at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ResourceInvoker.d__17.MoveNext()
    at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ResourceInvoker.d__15.MoveNext()
    at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Builder.RouterMiddleware.d__4.MoveNext()
    at ManagementConsoleJS.Middleware.ExceptionWrapperMiddleware.d__3.MoveNext()" class="ng-scope" style="box-sizing: border-box; overflow: scroll; font-family: Menlo, Monaco, Consolas, "Courier New", monospace; font-size: 13px; padding: 9.5px; margin-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 10px; line-height: 1.42857; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); word-break: break-all; word-wrap: break-word; background-color: rgb(237, 241, 242); border: 1px solid rgb(222, 229, 231); border-radius: 4px; height: 400px;">System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: address

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

What firewall, and router are you using?

3. eddv123

eddv123 Active Member

When you changed from static to dynamic IP did you give enough time for the DNS to propergate? This can sometimes take a while.

Also if you "nslookup " your FQDN Does it resolve to the correct public IP address now?

On your 3CX server if you bring up a browser in Google and type "what is my IP address " does the 3CX server have the correct public IP?

If it doesn't then you NAT port forwarding is not setup correctly - FYI 3CX requires that you configure your firewall with full cone NAT.

4. hanshen

5. hanshen

>When you changed from static to dynamic IP did you give enough time for the DNS to propergate? This can sometimes take a while.
    Yes, there were enough time I thought a day.
    Until I reboot the 3CX server, the Internal Server Error(500) gone.

>Also if you "nslookup " your FQDN Does it resolve to the correct public IP address now?
    Yes, it resolve the correct public IP address.

However when Firewall Checker, it still failed:
    • resolving 'stun-us.3cx.com'... done
    • resolving 'stun2.3cx.com'... done
    • resolving 'stun3.3cx.com'... done
    • resolving 'sip-alg-detector.3cx.com'... done
    • testing 3CX SIP Server... failed (How to resolve?)
      • detecting SIP ALG... not detected
      • testing port 5060... Mapping does not match 5060. Mapping is 25676.(How to resolve?)
      • starting service... done
    • testing 3CX Tunneling Proxy... failed (How to resolve?)
      • testing port 5090... Mapping does not match 5090. Mapping is 57986.(How to resolve?)
      • starting service... done
    • testing 3CX Media Server... failed (How to resolve?)
      • testing ports [9000..9255]... failed (How to resolve?)

>On your 3CX server if you bring up a browser in Google and type "what is my IP address " does the 3CX server have the correct public IP?
    This is Debian 4.9.65-3+deb9ul x86-64 server. I don't know how to bring up a browser in Google and type "what is my IP address ". Please advise...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.