Firewall check fails after setting up bridge

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Adam Sanders, Oct 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adam Sanders

I am setting up a Debian-based 3CX server and initially the firewall check passed all tests. Upon forming a bridge with the server configured as the slave end, the firewall check started failing when testing port 5060 - "Mapping does not match 5060. Mapping is 1024". Ports 9000+ would also intermittently fail the NAT cone tests afterwards.
    The firewall continues to fail the check,even after deleting the bridge. I've also tried rebooting the server, and rebooting the firewall.
    The only way I've found to get the firewall check to pass again is to reinstall the whole server and restore from a backup. Is this a bug?

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Adam Sanders

Please note that we have never encountered an issue where the firewall checker would fail after a bridge is created. Not sure what the issue might have been with your installation and as you have now re-installed the whole server is very hard to troubleshoot. Was the server installed with the 3CX provided ISO or the debian stock one? Where there any changes on the IP tables or the firewall?

3. Adam Sanders

It was the 3CX ISO and I made no changes to the IP tables or firewall. The server is a VM and I have it snapshotted so I can easily duplicate the issue and roll back the snapshot at will.

4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

So every time you create a bridge the issue is present? If you can replicate it i would like to take a look at what is causing the issue. If you are willing to do so please drop me a p.m so we can have a look at it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.