Firewall checker error

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by demonofsteel, Apr 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. demonofsteel

demonofsteel New Member

I did a network reconfiguration today and I ran the firewall checker just to make sure everything was still fine, but I get an error.

"Cannot initialize firewall checker. Cannot parse address of Firewall Checker Agent (firewallcheck.3cx.com:4200). error was 11004"

When reading, I think it means I can't find the firewallcheck.3cx.com, but I can't be sure.

Anyone have an idea what my problem is?

2. h2009

h2009 Member

Could it just a be bad installation file? Have you tried to reinstall 3CX at all?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. demonofsteel

demonofsteel New Member

Not yet, I'll try that soon . It should be tonight or tomorow. It could be possible, I installed the new build at the same time I did the network reconfiguration.

4. demonofsteel

demonofsteel New Member

You were right... I reinstalled 3CX Server last night and the firewall checker no longer gives me the error. It's weird, I don't really understand this error, everything I tested worked fine when I had the error.

5. demonofsteel

demonofsteel New Member

Just to help anyone if someone ever runs this same error, I played with my router today and I found out why I got this error (well I guess it was that).

I was playing around with the symmetric/full cone NAT option to switch between both and I found out that when my router was in symmetric NAT, I got that error and when I was in full cone NAT, I didn't get it. I tested several times to make sure it was the case all the times.

It makes some sense, because I installed build 4510 at the same time I configured a new router, so when I reinstalled the version, I guess I had done the change from symmetric NAT to full cone NAT at that time.

It's weird because I tought there was a specific error message when the router was in symmetric NAT mode.

Anyway, that's what I found out today, so I tought about sharing it here if it can ever help someone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.