Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Firewall Checker Failing

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by runnerpaul, Sep 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. runnerpaul

Hi,

I'm trying to run my firewall checker but keep getting the below:

I have checked my internet connection. It appears to be fine. I'm able to browse and ping websites. I've also checked the stun settings in 3CX. Again, they appear to be correct. I've compared them with a system where the firewall checker runs without any issue.

I've also removed 3CX from the firewall so that can't be the reason it's not working.

Does anybody have any suggestions what I can try next?

Cheers
    Paul

Attached Files:

2. Saqqara

Saqqara Well-Known Member

Have you opened the correct ports on your firewall ?

http://www.3cx.com/docs/firewall-router-configuration-voip/

3. runnerpaul

I've bypassed the firewall altogether.

4. Cjay

Cjay New Member

In my case the firewall checker is using the primary STUN server to determine what ports are open, so assuming you have a STUN server active (so 3cx is behind NAT) then you should see something like this in your server activity log:
    Code:
    18-Sep-2015 09:37:45.205   [CM506001]: STUN request to resolve SIP external IP:port mapping is sent to STUN server xx.xx.xx.xx:3478 over Transport 192.168.1.150:5060
    This at least indicates that your STUN server is reachable - which apparently your firewall checker thinks it isn't!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.