Firewall Checker Fails - 3CX Version 9 Service Pack 1

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mazhar, Aug 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mazhar

I installed 3CX Version 9 and everything on was working fine (specially port forwarding thru PIX). After the upgrade to SP1, port forwarding suddenly stopped working. When I ran the firewall checker, it gave the below error.

3CX Firewall Checker, v1.0. Copyright (C) 3CX Ltd. All rights reserved.

<20:51:30>: Phase 1, checking servers connection, please wait...
    <20:51:30>: Stun Checker service is reachable. Phase 1 check passed.
    <20:51:30>: Phase 2a, Check Port Forwarding to UDP SIP port, please wait...
    <20:51:30>: UDP SIP Port is set to 5060. NO RESPONSE received. Phase 2a check FAILED.

Application exit code is -2
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To double confirm this, I switched off the actual server and replicated the installation of 3CX System 9 on a new machine and restored the backup taken from the actual system. On this new system, before installing Service Pack 1, I the firewall checker was working fine and I was able to login to the system remotely. Once I update the service pack 1, the same error appears.

It doesn't appear to run at all as you can make out from the time field above. It just exits immediately after I start the firewall checker.

So I'm planning to go back to the previous version and do not upgrade Service Pack 1 till this issue is sorted out.

Has anyone faced this issue? Any help will be appreciated.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

Hi, I am trying to replicate this issue but I can't replicate.
    I tested this on a 32 bit and 64 Bit.

Can you please specify in more details? Is there some steps I need to do to replicate?
    I will need a backup of your system - send it to mb@3cx.com

Also it seems that you can replicate this problem when you update to SP1. Can you send me also the 3cxUpdater.log - I dont think so that this have any effect due to SP1 but still I will check.
    Thanks and Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. PBXdude

Hi mazhar,

I also had the same error code when running the firewall checker, in the end I got around the problem by opening port 3279 on the pix as I believe this port is used by the firewall checker for STUN registration checks.

Unfortunately this port is not listed on the 3cx port numbers list.

Not sure if this will work for you, but it did the job for me. :)

Regards,

Mark

4. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

3CX Doesn't use port 3279.
    The issue must of been with your PIX firewall.

5. PBXdude

Sorry, it was udp port 3478 i opened not 3279.

I've tried running the firewall checker with udp port 3478 closed and it fails, with it open it works.

Regards,

Mark.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.