Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Firewall Checker Issue / Curiosity

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by OldJames, Nov 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OldJames

Just giving 3cx my first kick at the can. In running the Firewall Checker, phase 2a fails immediately.

Code:
    <16:54:46>: Phase 2a,  Check Port Forwarding to UDP SIP port, please wait...
    <16:55:06>: UDP SIP Port is set to 5060. NO RESPONSE received. Phase 2a check FAILED.
    Application exit code is -2
    However, if I randomly change the ports on the Firwall Checker prompt to 5067:

Code:
    <16:55:43>: Phase 2a,  Check Port Forwarding to UDP SIP port, please wait...
    <16:55:58>: UDP SIP Port is set to 5067. Response received correctly with no translation. Phase 2a check passed.

<16:55:58>: Phase 2b. Check Port Forwarding to TCP SIP port, please wait...
    <16:55:58>: TCP SIP Port is set to 5067. Response received correctly with no translation. Phase 2b check passed.
    This is 3cx free on a windows XP box. The router/firewall is just a consumer grade D-Link (DIR-655).
    Port Forwarding is setup in the router for 5060 TCP/UDP, 5090 UPD, and 9000-9005 UDP
    using ip range 10.0.0.x / subnet 255.0.0.0 ( if that helps)

Since the 5067 attempt doesn't even have the port forwarding set in the router, so strange...

Any ideas or assistance appreciated.

2. jelliott52

Just a guess, but do you have any outbound rules setup? Most firewalls/routers allow all outbound unless you have a rules setup.

Jay

3. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

I use a DIR655 as well and it only needed simple forwarding options set. Are you sure your ISP is allowing 5060 to come through? Some block that port.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. OldJames

Actually Kerry, what I found is that if I removed all Port Forwarding from the DIR-655, the firewall checker completed 100% successfully.
    Really strange. It seems that having the port forwarding set up is what was causing the issue.
    If you have a screen shot of your forwading rules, I'd certainly take a peek.

Thanks

5. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

Here is my settings, note also I do NOT have DMZ enabled.

[​IMG]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. OldJames

Thanks Kerry. Much Appreciated.
    They appear to be similar setting to what I had, although I bulked more ports into a single rule.
    The 3cx system works fine without them (which I don't get), but I'll try to set it up your way and see what happens.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.