• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Firewall configuration problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

bduke08021

Reaction score
Why Do i Need to restart my Phone Software every few days? and if i do not get a call for a while, it takes 3 to 4 rings and once it picks up it takes about 5 seconds for the Digital Recep. to kick in. I am using the Skype gateway Beta 2 fpr the in coming line.

Re: Why do I need to Restart my Server?

hello,

post in skype gateway forum.

Do you have the power save options in Windows disabled, is the computer going into Hibernate or standby? Is the hard drive shutting down and then having to spin up for a voice message?

it's not the skype gateway, i configured a voip provider, which drops out after inactivity. i did check my power settings, all ok. i set the phone system to a high priority in the proccess task manager. don't know what to do. i want to buy this system, i just isn't reliable. i hope it is somthing i am missing. And just ti give an update, if i make an outgoing call, it works, then i call my skype and voip numbers, they work. it is like it is going to sleep.

bduke08021 said:
it's not the skype gateway, i configured a voip provider, which drops out after inactivity. i did check my power settings, all ok. i set the phone system to a high priority in the proccess task manager. don't know what to do. i want to buy this system, i just isn't reliable. i hope it is somthing i am missing. And just ti give an update, if i make an outgoing call, it works, then i call my skype and voip numbers, they work. it is like it is going to sleep.

That's your problem - the VOIP provider is disconnecting the registration after x seconds/minutes of inactivity.
A solution is to lower the time between registrations on the advanced tab of the provider details to something like half of it's current settings (ie. if it's set to 3600 seconds reduce that to 1800) and keep lowering the number until the registration does not drop out. This is a VOIP provider issue NOT a 3CX issue.

If it's just an issue with the VoIP provider then changing the settings may resolve the problem. but, if there is still an issue with the computer "going to sleep" and having to re-boot, then that seem to be a problem related to that particular computer. I've had a Win XP system, built from scratch running with no reboot, for months. i would look at, perhaps, shutting down every unnecessary programme that may be running in the background, or , if you can, install on another computer temporarily, for testing. Have you tried an un-install and re-install of 3CX? If you un-install, see if the computer will continue to run, without becoming unresponsive, without 3CX loaded.

What happens is, After inactivity the 3cx PBX answers the line after 3-4 rings, somtimes not answering at all. i do not need to restart the pc, if i make an outgoing call or after 1st call in, it will answer on 1st ring. i will try your suggestions. thanks.

When it takes 4 rings...do you see, in the 3CX logs, the calls being presented from the Patton? Or is it the Patton that is not sending the call info to 3CX until the 4th ring?

Do we have a chance to, finally, receive information about hardware/software environment, OS version and typical load of the "server"?

Thanks

bduke08021 said:
What happens is, After inactivity the 3cx PBX answers the line after 3-4 rings, somtimes not answering at all. i do not need to restart the pc, if i make an outgoing call or after 1st call in, it will answer on 1st ring. i will try your suggestions. thanks.

It sounds awefully like a computer in some sort of power saving mode.

Hows this, wait however long it would take for the system to become "unresponsive" per your description.

On a different system, open up a command prompt (Start, Programs, Accessories, Command Prompt) and type "ping 192.168.x.x" Substitute in your 3CX systems correct IP address. (Foexample, 10.10.10.26 or 192.168.1.100)

You should get 4 immediate responses with all "time<1ms"

If you don't there is an issue with your computer, not 3CX in particular. If you do it multiple times in a row, and the first attempt or two there is no response or higher than <1ms, and later responses are all nicely at <1ms, your computer was in sleep/low power mode and the network activity woke it.

If you DO get 4 immediate responses with <1ms, then you have at least eliminated Sleep mode as your problem.

I can say this, I have mutliple 3CX systems installed on XPPro/Vista Business and haven't had your issue. It IS reliable. From your description I would REALLY suggest checking your power settings, and making sure anything other than Turn Off Monitor is disabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matchofficees
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.