Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Firewall - One way audio - FIXED

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Anarethos, Mar 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anarethos

Hi all!

I have searched the forum, but did not find any solution that worked, so maybe you can help.

Here is my configuration

My 3cx server is on the router/firewall (Kerio Winroute firewall).
    I have 1 Linksys PAP2 that connect to my 3cx server. Works ok.

What I want to do, is when I am travelling, is to connect with an Voip Sip client to my 3cx server to make call/receive regular call.
    My laptop will act as a regular "internal" extention.

Here is the settings I put in Kerio
    Source : Internet Destination : Firewall (Server) Port : 5060-5070 Protocol : Tcp + Udp
    Source : Internet Destination : Firewall (Server) Port : 9000-9015 Protocol : Udp
    Source : Internet Destination : Firewall (Server) Port : 5040 Protocol : Tcp
    Source : Internet Destination : Firewall (Server) Port : 3487 Protocol : Udp

when I do call/receive call from my laptop, I can hear, but my voice is not sent.

When I run the Firewall Checker, I got Error 10 for all my 9000-9015 ports.

Anyone can help me?

Thanks!

2. Anarethos

Re: Firewall - One way audio

Okay!
    FIXED!

Here is how (may help others)

by DEFAULT, Kerio as the following rule

1) Source : Local trafic/Dial-Up Destination : Internet Action : Nat
    2) Source : Firewall Destination : Internet Action : Permit

You simply have to swap them...
    1) Source : Firewall Destination : Internet Action : Permit
    2) Source : Local trafic/Dial-Up Destination : Internet Action : Nat

so, when the firewall (running also 3cx in my case) try to access the internet, there is no nat.

Is it normal that I still receive an error about the fact that I use a public Ip?

3. landfiets

landfiets New Member

It sounds all very strange but congratiolations that you fixed your problem. You can also switch your firewall off, and only have it running on your laptop. Saves a lot of troubles. You don' t need two firewalls.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. viktora

I would not recommend switching off firewalls for they are quite important regarding the security of your networks. It is always better to work out a reliable way through it...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.