Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Firewall Tester Tests Unnecessary Ports in v15

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jms, Sep 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jms

jms

I don't want to have 256 RTP ports when I will never use most of them. If you run the firewall tester, it takes too long and that time is downtime.

I have a v15 site with 100 RTP ports: custom parameter FIRSTEXTPORT is 9000 and LASTEXTPORT is 9099.
    When I run the firewall checker, it checks ports 9000 to 9255.

The firewall checker could be finished 60% quicker if it tested the correct port range.

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Sopock

Sopock Member

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Sopock

Sopock Member

I guess only option is to open all ports and then change it again?:confused:

If everything is configured correctly, the tests should take less than a minute. If there are issues with all the ports, the test can take between 4 and 9 minutes. You also have the option to cancel the test.
    Dot alignment?
    • resolving 'stun.3cx.com'..... done
    • resolving 'stun2.3cx.com'... done
    • resolving 'stun3.3cx.com'... done
    • testing 3CX SIP Server...... done
      • stopping service...... done
      • testing port 5060..... done

#4 Sopock, Feb 4, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
  5. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

6. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

it doesn't really matter. my machine fails the firewall checker but we have no issues. every time we run the checker different ports fail in the 9000 range. the same firewall passed in v14.
    just open the ports you need.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.