Firmware Upgrades

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by THCO, Nov 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. THCO

Is anyone having trouble downloading the Yealink T58 firmware? I can download everything but this.

I changed the DNS server to 8.8.8.8 and did the nslookup to downloads.3cx.com and that is all working properly but it is still now downloading. I get the error message

Unable to reach 3CX Updates server. Check your internet connection and try again.

3CX is running on windows server 2016. I looked into the firmware new folder and the firmware is downloaded into the directory already.

I did download the firmware from the 3cx website and updated manually.

Not sure what to do now.

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @THCO

The firmware for the T58 is located in the folder C:\ProgramData\3CX\Instance1\Data\Http\Interface\provisioning\f63gl6xxxx\firmware_new\yealink but still appears in the download section of the PBX?
    Do the phones appear as not supported in the management console / phones tab? What PBX version are you running?

3. THCO

I have a mixture of yealink t46, t48, anda single t58v. All firmware downloaded othet than the t58 firmware errors out. I can see the firmware file in the firmware New folder.

I manually upgraded the t58v from the firmware I downloaded from 3cx.com.

I am running 3cx 15.5 sp1.

4. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Is the file completed? The T58 firmware is quite large and could have timed out if the connection is slow.

5. THCO

I will delete the file and try again. My internet connection is 100/100. So I think I have enough speed to download it.

6. THCO

I deleted the t58 firmware file and tried downloading again, It still gives the same error message. I checked the firmware new folder and the firmware did NOT reappear.

7. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Can you run a wireshark capture while you try to download the file and send it to me in a p.m.? Also let me know of your location.
    You will need to upload it to a web sharing service and send me the link. Do not share the link here as wireshark captures contain sensitive information.

8. THCO

I am in the United States, p.m. the server upload address and I will get this to you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.