Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Firmware Upgrades

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by THCO, Nov 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. THCO

Is anyone having trouble downloading the Yealink T58 firmware? I can download everything but this.

I changed the DNS server to 8.8.8.8 and did the nslookup to downloads.3cx.com and that is all working properly but it is still now downloading. I get the error message

Unable to reach 3CX Updates server. Check your internet connection and try again.

3CX is running on windows server 2016. I looked into the firmware new folder and the firmware is downloaded into the directory already.

I did download the firmware from the 3cx website and updated manually.

Not sure what to do now.

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @THCO

The firmware for the T58 is located in the folder C:\ProgramData\3CX\Instance1\Data\Http\Interface\provisioning\f63gl6xxxx\firmware_new\yealink but still appears in the download section of the PBX?
    Do the phones appear as not supported in the management console / phones tab? What PBX version are you running?

3. THCO

I have a mixture of yealink t46, t48, anda single t58v. All firmware downloaded othet than the t58 firmware errors out. I can see the firmware file in the firmware New folder.

I manually upgraded the t58v from the firmware I downloaded from 3cx.com.

I am running 3cx 15.5 sp1.

4. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Is the file completed? The T58 firmware is quite large and could have timed out if the connection is slow.

5. THCO

I will delete the file and try again. My internet connection is 100/100. So I think I have enough speed to download it.

6. THCO

I deleted the t58 firmware file and tried downloading again, It still gives the same error message. I checked the firmware new folder and the firmware did NOT reappear.

7. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Can you run a wireshark capture while you try to download the file and send it to me in a p.m.? Also let me know of your location.
    You will need to upload it to a web sharing service and send me the link. Do not share the link here as wireshark captures contain sensitive information.

8. THCO

I am in the United States, p.m. the server upload address and I will get this to you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.