Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

First Call Works - Second no Audio

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by micahcw, Apr 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. micahcw

Hi,

When I make an external call via one of my voip providers the first call works fine, inbound and outbound Audio both work. I then hang up and redial, however the outbound Audio on the second call is almost non-exisitent, very jittery with a massive lag.

However if I restart the 3cx services I can then make 1 good call again.

I have looked at the server logs and both the first and second calls look identical.

I have run the firewall check and come back no errors.

I am running 3cx on VMWare ESXi. I have followed the virtual machine setup guides.

I am not quite sure what else I should be even looking for, any advice would be appreciated.

MJ

2. smb1

smb1 New Member

Can you perform a Wireshark capture of a call and post that here. It may help with identifying the issue.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. micahcw

I have attached a pcap of the good call. I will post again with the pcap of the bad call.

Cheers

Micah

4. micahcw

5. micahcw

6. micahcw

Hi people,

I have narrowed this down to the Media Server service. AFter rebooting the media server service, I can make my 1 good phone call.

However if I disable the media Server service I don't get the problem in the first place, nothing to do with firewall / NAT.

I have uninstalled v9 and installed v10 beta II with the same issue.

Does anybody even know what the media server service does?

7. micahcw

I have worked around this, it looks to be something to do with transcoding bound mode;

as a work around I have disabled the media server service, I did find the below link to help me out a bit.

http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/media-server/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.