First Call Works - Second no Audio

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by micahcw, Apr 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. micahcw

Hi,

When I make an external call via one of my voip providers the first call works fine, inbound and outbound Audio both work. I then hang up and redial, however the outbound Audio on the second call is almost non-exisitent, very jittery with a massive lag.

However if I restart the 3cx services I can then make 1 good call again.

I have looked at the server logs and both the first and second calls look identical.

I have run the firewall check and come back no errors.

I am running 3cx on VMWare ESXi. I have followed the virtual machine setup guides.

I am not quite sure what else I should be even looking for, any advice would be appreciated.

MJ

2. smb1

smb1 New Member

Can you perform a Wireshark capture of a call and post that here. It may help with identifying the issue.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. micahcw

I have attached a pcap of the good call. I will post again with the pcap of the bad call.

Cheers

Micah

4. micahcw

5. micahcw

6. micahcw

Hi people,

I have narrowed this down to the Media Server service. AFter rebooting the media server service, I can make my 1 good phone call.

However if I disable the media Server service I don't get the problem in the first place, nothing to do with firewall / NAT.

I have uninstalled v9 and installed v10 beta II with the same issue.

Does anybody even know what the media server service does?

7. micahcw

I have worked around this, it looks to be something to do with transcoding bound mode;

as a work around I have disabled the media server service, I did find the below link to help me out a bit.

http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/media-server/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.