First impressions of 3cx and some questions/observations

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by bull_tpk, Dec 1, 2007.

1. bull_tpk

My first impression is good on this system. Extremely easy to get up and running.
    I have only played with free version today. Some observations and questions.

Doent seem to have prescence. I used the little software tool that comes with it, and it works, but I wouldnt think it is practicle for a switchboard operator to use. I think presence (BLF) would make much more sense in
    the real world.

Presence didnt work on Eyebeam either.

Music on hold seemed to work between extensions, (aastra 480i & eyebeam) on an internal call, (only worked when the 480i put the eybeam on hold though, not the other way around) and music on hold didnt work at all when put SPA3000 call on hold on a real call.

I really like the simplicity of the call routing.

Voicemail to email worked without any effort at all.

Would like to know if small business version allows you to record a greeting for a ring group / hunt group, and can callers be put on hold insttead of ring, untill call is answered.

Could not find any facilty codes for call forward, park, pickup ect.
    Does not seem to be any user manual for end users that I could find.

Is there a confernce bridge/feature in this system? Like asterisk confernce room for example?

Does anyone have a list of trunk hardware for Australia? BRI PRI & PSTN. Link to suppliers in AUS for this hardware would be good too.

2. silentfun

silentfun Member

3. silentfun

silentfun Member

sorry for double post but edit is buged here:

even the free allows you to play a prerecorded massage while hunt the extension for the caller - you just have to use the Digital Receptionist for this task

The code words are around here in the forum youst take a seek for something like "*" and /or "#"

at the moment there is no conference featur in the PBX but if you use Extensions like Grandstream GXP-2020 you can use the build in feature of the phone to make conference with up to 5 additional line. but in the actual phone build you get in trouble (dead phone) if you use more the 3 lines at the same time. (I hope on next build from grandstream - it is no bug from 3CX)

4. bull_tpk

So i just want to get this right then, if you use digital receptionist, you play an announcement, then the incoming caller hears music on hold while the nominated phones ring? On the free version that is....Thanks