Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

First setup troubles

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by bp529, Sep 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bp529

I am setting up my first test deployment of 3CX. I am knowledgeable in IT and networking, but I cannot get a single thing to work. This is a simple setup with local extensions and no external SIP provider.

Installed 3CX for Windows version 15.5.3849.1.
    Configured Firewall
    Created 3 extensions for Soft Phone use
    Downloaded the latest Soft Phone Clients

I cannot get a single soft phone to register on the LAN. The clients all say that I am not on the latest version, but there are no upgrades left to do.

2. Saqqara

Saqqara Well-Known Member

Do you send the welcome email, which contains the config for the 3cx client and the link to the latest client

3. bp529

Yes. Downloaded from the Welcome Message links. When I load the configuration file attached to the email. It configures and gives me the incompatible version message. This is on iOS, Mac OS and Windows Clients.

4. bp529

The server sees the incoming connection from the clients. See attached photos.

Attached Files:

5. Saqqara

Saqqara Well-Known Member

Within the console, click on the update icon in the middle of the screen on the right and do any updates

6. bp529

Figured it out. Had another service utilizing port 5060. Shut it down and everything connected.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.