First tests V1.0.11

Discussion in 'iOS' started by etm_ltd, Sep 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. etm_ltd

Hi,

As other testers threads, I will say that:

The test is done on an Iphone 3GS, 32Gb, IOs 4.1, French version but used with EN-GB language. Not simlocked and not cracked.
    3CX for IPhone v1.0.11

1- First the download, and installation were really easy to do and no problems were met during these steps.
    2- The first step was to test in Wifi so I had completed all required fields and it connect directly to my pbx and I can start to phone. However, I think it miss some settings (may be provisionned in future such as 3CXPhone)
    ** NO field to set VoiceMail number and ID + PSWD
    ** When click on ''DONE'', it is long before to see if registration to PBX is OK or not or if APP as freeze.
    ** Call quality is not so bad.(tested throught network and internal extensions only)
    3- External address?? I was thinking, I will be able to connect to my PBX using my 3G network from Orange France and call for free... A dream, I had never registered to my PBX, nor also to a customer PBX which I had to test.
    ** So before to implement secure channels such as tunnel, may be the capability to call through Mobile Operator network using 3G, or Edge, must be done. I don't know, or may be I had done bad settings.
    4- The sofware stays in background task, and is really visible with its top red bar. How to set active or disable this capability, if other tester find this a good idea.
    5- Is there a chance to see a ''Local'' and ''Remote'' optional settings to appears?
    6- Sometimes, sounds from keys from 3CX for Iphone disappears.

Finally, a good software, that need to be improve to reach ISip (not free but not so expensive) for Exemple.

Best,

Lionel

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

hello etm,

provisioning is coming in a later stage of the phone.
    First we have to get the basics right ;)

to your questions.
    You can enter an internal server and an external server.
    The app is trying to find out if the pbx is close to it via wifi and reg to the internal address.
    does this fail we use then the external adress. it should be the same pbx but now is the question if ur provider is blocking sip of not. in over 70% of all GSM Providers this is blocked.
    Solution for is to use VPN and then dial to the internal pbx only.

you can exit the app by going to the "<-" button in the app and you will see a pop up "exit" what should kill the app

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. etm_ltd

Hi stephanw
    Thanks for answers
    So it works perfectly using wifi from office.
    I haven't do the test from public hot point such as Mc Donald's
    Using it through my mobile Network (Orange France) does not registre. Which I can do using Isip. So I do not think Orange blocks Sip since it is allowed to do Sip since 1.5 years about.

Best
    Lionel

4. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

have you polulated in the phone internal and external server?
    Do you even see that the client tries to reach your PBX?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.