Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

First time running new updated Windows client triggers anti-malware

Discussion in 'Windows' started by adminbod, Nov 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adminbod

Hi -

After updating 3CX to 15.5 U2, our windows desktops started pulling down the new client.
    They have upgraded OK, but the first launch is triggering an outbound web block on our Anti-malware software (Malwarebytes)

The 3CX client is trying to reach various subdomains of symcd.com at IP address (23.55.155.27)

Not sure what's there that the 3CX client needs, but Malwarebytes doesn't like the look of it...

Does anyone have any ideas as to what the 3CX client needs at that domain?
    Is it safe to whitelist that domain?

Despite those outbound web blocks at the first launch, the 3CX clients (x40 of them) seem be working OK - just wondering though if I have an incomplete installation somehow and its going to come back and bite me next week?

cheers..

#1 adminbod, Nov 17, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
  2. Sopock

Sopock Member

We are blocking...:cool:
    Symantec is a CA (among many other things) so this is probably benign.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. adminbod

Yeah - looks like its Malwarebytes - their support forums are full of customers today with the same symptom.

More than likely its a false positive - either way, it doesn't appear to be a 3CX issue, and at the moment it doesn't appear to have affected the functionality of the newly upgraded 3CX client, so I'll sit tight and let Malwarebytes do its thing.

4. Sopock

Sopock Member

I hope that in SP2 there is updated welcome mail template for secure download of client...
    Otherwise, users may download fake client!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.