First time setup questions

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by XcamaroX, Aug 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XcamaroX

Guys, Gals,

I recently downloaded the free/demo version of 3CX and I'm having problems with couple things.

First the setup:

Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard

Local IP: 192.168.200.100
    External IP: XX.XXX.53.73

Local DNS name: pbx.domain.com - 192.168.200.100, this resolves with no issues
    External DNS: pbx.domain.com - XX.XXX.53.73, this finds the computer fine.

Port forwarding is working fine, even tho the firewall check is saying it can't access, because my firewall cannot remove the WAN ping, but I can see those ports are forwarded correctly and opened.

When I go inside the extensions the extension 100 which I configured it says is "Not connected"

What do I need to do from here, once all this is setup to make an iPhone access the PBX?
    How do I provision a phone with the link?

I know this is pretty basic, but this is my first time configuring ANY VoIP setup.

Thanks in advance!

2. superior1

The best way to configure a extension is to use auto provisioning. You will need to use the demo license to do so.

Send yourself a Generated Email. Within the email will be the Iphone App download and also a attachment that you will need to download after you have installed the ipphone client. You can get the Demo license by googling 3CX demo license.

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

With the Firewall check failing, you may have some issues with outside access. All tests should pass. Try disabling the firewall, see if it passes, then consider re-configuring the firewall accordingly. If you list the particular firewall you are using, other may have some configuration suggestions.

What type of extension are you using, and how did you configure it?

4. XcamaroX

Actually,

I just found out that my ISP (Comcast) blocks port 5060-5061.

Is there a way to change these ports in the 3CX management?

5. superior1

What Version did you install. I do believe you can change the Ports upon installing on verison 12.5 and 14, however it may require the paid version.

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

In many cases those ports are "reserved" by ISPs that also provide phone service, in many cases using the router/modem they have provided. The port can be changed in the Advanced setting, which probably requires a restart. I'm alsonot certain that is the only place, most people set the port during the initial installation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.