Five VOIP accounts instead of a trunk possible?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by CyberAndy, Apr 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CyberAndy

Hi, I'm new to 3CX and just recently converted 5 ISDN numbers to VOIP.
    I was able to transfer my numbers to a VOIP provider and I have now 5 VOIP accounts.
    My provider doesn't support having two phones ringing for the same number and recommended creating my own PBX if I need that feature. In my understanding 3CX would support that, but I was not able to find out how to register 5 separate VOIP accounts instead of a SIP trunk.
    Is this not supported?

Regards,
    Andreas

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

A SIP trunk can, if your provider supports, have more than one incoming number, think DIDs, or a hunt group. If you are dealing with one provider, then that may be what you will be "working" with. If you do require five different registrations, then that will require 5 different trunks.

3. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

you may not have been able to find how to do this if you are on a free license which does not support more than 1 provider at a time.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Daniel Lent likes this.
  4. CyberAndy

Thanks for all the replies.
    I found a more or less working solution.
    My provider allows creating forwarding rules for the provided numbers.
    So I registered one number and created rules to forward the other numbers to the registered number.
    At least I have now all extensions ringing when someone calls any of my numbers by using a ring group.
    Next I'll try to record some packet captures to figure out if I can identify the originally called number when the forwarding happens so that I might be able to identify the called number and take the appropriate actions.

Regards,
    Andreas

5. Fredrick

I agree with leejor here. You need five different trunks to access the same.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.