• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Five VOIP accounts instead of a trunk possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberAndy

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to 3CX and just recently converted 5 ISDN numbers to VOIP.
I was able to transfer my numbers to a VOIP provider and I have now 5 VOIP accounts.
My provider doesn't support having two phones ringing for the same number and recommended creating my own PBX if I need that feature. In my understanding 3CX would support that, but I was not able to find out how to register 5 separate VOIP accounts instead of a SIP trunk.
Is this not supported?

Regards,
Andreas

A SIP trunk can, if your provider supports, have more than one incoming number, think DIDs, or a hunt group. If you are dealing with one provider, then that may be what you will be "working" with. If you do require five different registrations, then that will require 5 different trunks.

you may not have been able to find how to do this if you are on a free license which does not support more than 1 provider at a time.

Reactions: Daniel Lent
Thanks for all the replies.
I found a more or less working solution.
My provider allows creating forwarding rules for the provided numbers.
So I registered one number and created rules to forward the other numbers to the registered number.
At least I have now all extensions ringing when someone calls any of my numbers by using a ring group.
Next I'll try to record some packet captures to figure out if I can identify the originally called number when the forwarding happens so that I might be able to identify the called number and take the appropriate actions.

Regards,
Andreas

I agree with leejor here. You need five different trunks to access the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.