Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Five VOIP accounts instead of a trunk possible?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by CyberAndy, Apr 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CyberAndy

Hi, I'm new to 3CX and just recently converted 5 ISDN numbers to VOIP.
    I was able to transfer my numbers to a VOIP provider and I have now 5 VOIP accounts.
    My provider doesn't support having two phones ringing for the same number and recommended creating my own PBX if I need that feature. In my understanding 3CX would support that, but I was not able to find out how to register 5 separate VOIP accounts instead of a SIP trunk.
    Is this not supported?

Regards,
    Andreas

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

A SIP trunk can, if your provider supports, have more than one incoming number, think DIDs, or a hunt group. If you are dealing with one provider, then that may be what you will be "working" with. If you do require five different registrations, then that will require 5 different trunks.

3. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

you may not have been able to find how to do this if you are on a free license which does not support more than 1 provider at a time.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Daniel Lent likes this.
  4. CyberAndy

Thanks for all the replies.
    I found a more or less working solution.
    My provider allows creating forwarding rules for the provided numbers.
    So I registered one number and created rules to forward the other numbers to the registered number.
    At least I have now all extensions ringing when someone calls any of my numbers by using a ring group.
    Next I'll try to record some packet captures to figure out if I can identify the originally called number when the forwarding happens so that I might be able to identify the called number and take the appropriate actions.

Regards,
    Andreas

5. Fredrick

I agree with leejor here. You need five different trunks to access the same.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.