Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

fix for getting multiple "missed call" emails from RG or Q ?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by vradmin, Mar 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vradmin

Is there a way to avoid getting multiple "missed call" emails from RGs and Qs?
    There is one for each member but I'd like to only get one for the whole group.

2. mariosM_3CX

mariosM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @vradmin

Missed call emails are enabled per extension and while a missed call from a ring group will trigger an email to be sent to the extensions of the ring group(if this option is enabled), this is not the case in Queues where an email will be sent to the Queue Manager only(if notification is enabled).
    Now the only way i can think of getting one email/per extension for the same call is if you have the same email address configured in all the extensions. Is this the case?

3. vradmin

Yes I put the same mail to all :)

The notification settings in the queue are all locked, so I cant set the manager, is this because of license? (I have Standard).

Anyway, we have a RG initially which then hands off to a queue, so the current behavior seems to both notify the user for the RG and queue miss.

4. mariosM_3CX

mariosM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Yes Queue manager notifications are not available in Standard edition. That means that you are not getting an email for lost calls in the Queue since only the queue manager is receiving this and not the individual extensions/agents of the Queue.
    Now for the RG, if the option to send email on missed call is enabled in all extensions of the RG, then all extensions will be notified and since you have the same email address in all extensions you will receive one email per extension. I'm afraid this is the normal behavior and cannot be avoided considering your configuration.

5. vradmin

Ok, and what about the call history - abandoned in webclient?
    Why do I see some of our missed calls there but not all?

6. mariosM_3CX

mariosM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

That is different. In the web client >> Call History, there are the missed calls and the abandoned calls.
    Calls that rang the extension that is logged in the webclient either direct to the extension or via a ring group, can be seen in the Missed Calls section. In the abandoned calls however you will see only the calls that were not answered in the Queues that the extension is part of.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.