[fixed] Client does not stay registered [V14.0.34]

Discussion in 'Android' started by Lev, Sep 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lev

Lev New Member

Our Host just updated our 3CX to V14 yesterday.
    Now we are facing a new problem:
    Our Android Clients will loose their registration status about 10-15 seconds after the screen turns off.
    This also happened to me once while on an active call (as of now, i could not re-create this particular problem).

"Hold WLAN-Connection" is on "always" (not sure if this is the exact translation from my german version)

3CX Client Version 14.0.34
    Samsung S2 with Android Version 4.4.4 @ SLIM ROM 4.4.4 Build 9.0 official-8301
    I have the same issues on my co-workers phones, both are using some 5.1 android version

2. Lev

Lev New Member

Re: Client does not stay registered [V14.0.34]

For now, we turned on the push service for those devices.
    But as of now, push is a double edged sword, so i don't really want to use it (brings too many everyday issues with it)... but that should be handled in another topic.

3. chris.moses

Agreed, I much preferred the way push/app worked in 12.5. I don't want push to automatically launch the app, just give me the option to. Further, if I want to use my android phone I should be able to launch the app and leave it running without HAVING to enable push to that extension. Some good functionality here, but we need more control options over how push interacts with the app.

4. adrianc

We have the exact same problem with Samsung S4 mini phones.
    Push isn't configured.
    Wasn't a problem with 12.5.

5. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

Yes, in older version if you put the client in background it used to remain connected to myphone and sip registered always. In V14 we have changed this and improved push ability on Android to save battery consumption, if phone goes to background or phone goes to sleep after 10 seconds it will unregister and disconnect from myphone server. If you do not agree with this change open it on ideas so people vote.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Lev

Lev New Member

Update:
    Recent updates fixed the problem for me. Push and the tho exit options work just fine now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.