• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

fixing sound quality...

Status
Not open for further replies.

asinshesq

Customer
Reaction score
I've got a yealink t46g that works fine on my 3cx setup but using it with plantronics cs510 headphones is a disaster. The incoming sound becomes over processed with some cut outs. I tried using an old cs361n headset and that was much better. Any advice for tweaking settings in 3cx or the t46g to improve the cs510 sound? (I already tried toggling the cs510 to 'wideband' and if anything that was worse.) Is there something I should be doing with the codecs? Any other suggestions? I've been assuming that the cs510 quality should be better than the cs361n quality but maybe not?

Hi there,
Are you running v12 SP6 ?
Is the firmware on T46 latest supported (28.71.0.224) ?
Is the phone provisioned ?

Yes, I am running 3cx with v12 sp6. I am running the latest generally released yealink t46g firmware:28.72.0.25. I don't think this is a firmware problem, and to be clear I don't think it's a 3cx problem either. Rather, I figured that some of the experts here might have some advice on settings I should try to tweak on the phone or my Patton 4112 go gateway (codecs, jitter buffer settings, comfort noise generator, etc).

I am relatively unfamiliar with Yealink because we don't like to use them but many other phones (Grandstream for example) have Audio Gain controls in the firmware/GUI. Adjusting that usually resolves the issue that you are reporting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamingpro2131
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.