Solved Flowroute DID's and Port assignment after V15 Conversion

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jeffvz@gmail.com, Jan 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeffvz@gmail.com

Hello,

Wondering if anyone saw anything like this during their conversion to V15. I started using Flowroute originally to learn about 3CX and learn about SIP service. I had one number and no problems after I got some port forwarding problems solved in my router. (5060 didn't work so we moved to 9040) After awhile I started wanting to add other DIDs I added to Flowroute but I couldn't get them to route to any other extension but the one the main route DID was assigned. After reading on the Flowroute forum I realized I didn't put a * in front of the DID numbers. Once I corrected that, all went well.

Now that I've converted to V15 and everything is working well, I was looking at my Flowroute SIP DID's in 3CX and noticed the main trunk number doesn't have the * in front of it on the General Tab and I have two sets of duplicate DID's in the DIDs Tab ( I have three DID's with flowroute) One set has the * before the number and one set doesn't. Do I need to keep using the * in front of the number or has this been taken care of in the Flowroute template? If not, can I delete the duplicate DID's with the * in front. This wasn't clear in the V14 documentation and it isn't clear in V15 either. The Inbound Rules all have the * in front of the DID, so there are three rules, one for each DID. Is the * required here and not on the DIDs tab or do I need it all all anymore?

Also, I still use port 9040 for SIP traffic instead of 5060. When I converted to V15 I had to change the port in the Network Tab to 9040. That said, the General Tab for my Flowroute SIP has 5060 displayed. As noted above, it's working fine. Is this communicating over 5060 or is the global 9040 setting superseding it?

I'm trying to clean up the V15 installation so any further updates don't bring unexpected surprises. I was surprised to find my FXO VOIP Gateway came in without any changes from V14, which wasn't supposed to work. It took me three hours to make it work with the V15 configuration. The documentation is lacking there too.

2. jeffvz@gmail.com

Nevermind. I deleted the DIDs without the * and changed the main number to include the *. Everything is working correctly, so good enough.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.