• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved Flowroute SIP Trunk - SBC Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

amir_

Premier Customer
Reaction score
We have the following topology:

Flowroute >> EdgeMarc >> 3CX >> Yealink

Flowroute identifies 4 @ /28 networks - which is 64 total addresses - that you must strictly ALLOW for INBOUND call processing. The EdgeMarc GUI only allows for the addition of 50 SIP servers.

My question is - can I use the 4 FQDN names for these PoPs since the EdgeMarc supports DNS SRV lookups?

US-West-WAus-west-wa.sip.flowroute.com147.75.60.160/28
US-West-ORus-west-or.sip.flowroute.com34.210.91.112/28
US-East-NJus-east-nj.sip.flowroute.com147.75.65.192/28
US-East-VAus-east-va.sip.flowroute.com34.226.36.32/28

Thanks,

Amir

Flowroute identifies 4 @ /28 networks - which is 64 total addresses - that you must strictly ALLOW for INBOUND call processing. The EdgeMarc GUI only allows for the addition of 50 SIP servers.

My question is - can I use the 4 FQDN names for these PoPs since the EdgeMarc supports DNS SRV lookups?

Thanks,

Amir
From this link - it appears that this is exactly what DNS SRV provides - but I was hoping to get confirmation from THE INTERNETS about this:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...features.pdf&usg=AOvVaw3TdtiH1fi1IJMyVFLs3n94

4.0 How Survivability Behaves: The Details
4.1 Determining softswitch IP address(es)
The IP address of the softswitch (or softswitches) must be known to the EdgeMarc. This address (or addresses) is set on the VoIP ALG -> SIP page of the EM GUI. The address can be specified in any of four ways:
• DNS Name w/ SRV records
A single softswitch DNS name that is configured to provide multiple SIP addresses, with associated weights and priorities, via DNS SRV record.

Hi @amir_

As this is an unsupported set up, it's not been tested. To that end, I'll leave this open for someone else to comment on if they've created the same setup using an EdgeMarc before.

Reactions: amir_
Hi @amir_

As this is an unsupported set up, it's not been tested. To that end, I'll leave this open for someone else to comment on if they've created the same setup using an EdgeMarc before.
Hi,

Why is this "unsupported" ? Speaking for the EdgeMarc itself - it contains a built in SIP trunk profile for 3CX. IMHO, 3CX should create a SIP trunk profile for EdgeMarc given Ribbon is the dominant SBC vendor having bought up all these different SBC manufacturers.

Amir

Hi,

Why is this "unsupported" ? Speaking for the EdgeMarc itself - it contains a built in SIP trunk profile for 3CX. IMHO, 3CX should create a SIP trunk profile for EdgeMarc given Ribbon is the dominant SBC vendor having bought up all these different SBC manufacturers.

Amir
See this link:
https://developer.flowroute.com/doc...w-pops/#utilizing-new-pops-for-outbound-calls

###########
Dialing via Service Record

If your outbound gateway is capable of supporting SRV, you can access the current PoPs using one of the following based on your geographical and infrastructure preference:
PoP SRV (High Availability)
---- UNITED STATES ----
US-West-WA UDP: _sip._udp.us-west-wa.sip.flowroute.com
TCP: _sip._tcp.us-west-wa.sip.flowroute.com
US-West-OR UDP: _sip._udp.us-west-or.sip.flowroute.com
TCP: _sip._tcp.us-west-or.sip.flowroute.com
US-East-NJ UDP: _sip._udp.us-east-nj.sip.flowroute.com
TCP: _sip._tcp.us-east-nj.sip.flowroute.com
US-East-VA UDP: _sip._udp.us-east-va.sip.flowroute.com
TCP: _sip._tcp.us-east-va.sip.flowroute.com
---- ASIA PACIFIC ----
AP-East-HK UDP: _sip._udp.ap-east-hk.sip.flowroute.com
TCP: _sip._tcp.ap-east-hk.sip.flowroute.com
AP-Southeast-SIN UDP: _sip._udp.ap-southeast-sin.sip.flowroute.com
TCP: _sip._tcp.ap-southeast-sin.sip.flowroute.com
---- EMEA ----
EU-West-AMS UDP: _sip._udp.eu-west-ams.sip.flowroute.com
TCP: _sip._tcp.eu-west-ams.sip.flowroute.com
EU-West-LDN UDP: _sip._udp.eu-west-ldn.sip.flowroute.com
TCP: _sip._tcp.eu-west-ldn.sip.flowroute.com
---- LATAM ----
SA-East-SP UDP: _sip._udp.sa-east-sp.sip.flowroute.com
TCP: _sip._tcp.sa-east-sp.sip.flowroute.com
UDP and TCP Portions of SRV Records

Most PBX configurations only need the us-west-wa.sip.flowroute.com portion of the SRV recordset. PBXs will typically add the _sip._udp portion automatically.

###########

Does anyone with first hand experience with EdgeMarc VoS know if it adds the "_sip._udp" portion automatically - when performing it's DNS SRV lookup? If so, all we need to add are the 4 Flowroute POP FQDNs.

Hi @amir_

3CX can communicate directly with all supported providers such as Flowroute, so there shouldn't be a need for a device between them.

Also, 3CX fully supports DNS SRV lookup.

Hi @amir_

3CX can communicate directly with all supported providers such as Flowroute, so there shouldn't be a need for a device between them.

Also, 3CX fully supports DNS SRV lookup.
Then lets assume that we remove the Edgemarc and map a SIP trunk in our OUTBOUND rules directly to Flowroute - how do we instruct 3CX to use the 4 Flowroute POPs?

Hi @amir_

You don't need to setup all 4 POPs in 3CX, because each one has enough A records which should provide more than enough redundancy.

Hi @amir_

You don't need to setup all 4 POPs in 3CX, because each one has enough A records which should provide more than enough redundancy.
For most Cisco enterprise environments, 3CX will get resistance when the suggested deployment model has the IP PBX with a public WAN IP.

My question about EdgeMarc and the use of the FQDNs has been confirmed correct. We add all 4 FQDNs and it will use DNS SRV for redundancy across the entire range of 64 addresses.

This thread can be closed.

Thank you 3CX team.

Reactions: VasilisV_3CX

Thanks,

Amir
Seems like an excellent question for Edgemarc support? N/m, looks like you already confirmed through testing.

Reactions: amir_
Correct - it took some pushing but I got confirmation that the EdgeMarc. We do about 3,500-5,000 calls per day across a Cisco ISR 4331 as our "CUBE" and I'm replacing it with a 2900E. My fingers are crossed that it's SIP ALG will not break "too many" VoIP calls or faxes. So far so good.

Reactions: VasilisV_3CX
Hi @amir_

Glad you got this solved. Feel free to open another thread if you require any further assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.