follow-me / simultaneous ring ?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by 5qg4, Apr 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 5qg4

5qg4 Active Member

3CX can allow one extension register with multi sip device. All incoming call will ring all device simultaneous. You can define if none is answered, then go to voicemail.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. instantexpert

With 3CX, you can:

-You can ring multiple SIP devices all registered to the same extension
    -Sequential ring If no answer on extension, forward to external number.

What you can't do:

-Ring different types of line simultaneously. You can't ring your cell phone and desk phone at the same time.
    -There is no timeout to redirect the call forwarded to your cell phone back to your voicemail. Once the call is handed off to your cell phone, it goes to that voicemail.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jim@itstod.se

jim@itstod.se New Member

You can achieve simultanious ring on SIP and external phone if both are members of a ring group. We do this in cases where you want your deskphone and mobile phone to ring at the same time and it works well.

For every person who wants this functionality:
    - Create a dummy extension with Forward All rule that points to external number (mobile phone).
    - Create a ring group with two members - deskphone and mobile phone.
    - Create a Forward All rule on the "normal" extension that points to the ring group.

When you are away from office you can set status to Away and only the mobile phone will ring.

Regards,

4. technigogo

Jim,

I thought of this work-around too ...but I have some trouble. Since my dummy extension is not a registered online extension it doesn't work. Other than using another line on my Polycom phones or a software VOIP client, how have you made this work?

Steve
    Technigogo Technology Services

5. jim@itstod.se

jim@itstod.se New Member

Have you set the "Allow forwarding to external numbers in ring groups" (under Settings - General - Global options)?

6. jim@itstod.se

jim@itstod.se New Member

It looks like it just takes some time for 3CX to dial out to your mobile phone. How long does it take if you dial your mobile phone from an IP phone connected to your 3CX?

By the way, after what I have heard from 3CX real follow me-functionality will be implemented in 3CX v. 8.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.