Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

follow me?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by aits, Oct 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aits

I'm using the Linksys SPA922 and SPA 942 phones in combination with the 3CX server software. Is it possible to configure the phones that they follow me from desk to desk. e.g. before noon I use the phone at desk A, in the afternoon I use the phone at desk B. when I sit down at desk B I put in some code on the phone to let the system know I'm at desk B...??

I don't mean call forwarding but some kind of follow me function.

Thanks

2. galega

You can set forwarding rules from MyPhone portal or from 3CX administration console. This rules can be time conditions.

3. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

These forwarding rules are you your MyPhone settings and are new with v8.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. aits

This will not work because time and place is not known beforehand.

Is it posible to log in on a phone and to let the system know where I am? Preferrable not with browser but with e.g. a dial code
    e.g. bij typing *50xx I log in (*50) with my personal ID (xx)

Thanks

5. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

So you want just a basic call forwarding feature?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. miker

3CX does not provide that level of functionality for the "follow me" feature. Interesting idea and I understand the benefit but this is not available today. Today this would all need to be done via the browser, not dial codes, particularly if you wish to define multiple locations.

7. aits

are there future plans for this follow me thing... I know a lot of places where this is used with a classic PBX..

8. miker

I cannot say for certain. You may want to post the idea to the "Feature Requests" conference.

9. aits

I will do thanks

10. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

Its already part of a feature request post I made:

http://www.3cx.com/forums/additional-dial-codes-11845.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.