follow me

Discussion in 'Windows' started by mini, Nov 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mini

Nov 22, 2013
    I am looking to purchase the 3CX. But before doing so, I want to see if the functionality I desire would be gained from the 3CX software.

I've looked on the 3CX website for a few hours but can't quite grasp if what I desire is possible or not.

My situation is as follows.

I am in a small office. I have two ordinary telephone lines (not VOIP). I use two rooms within the office.

In the 3CX setup, I would like to have a phone in each of these two rooms. When a call comes in to either of the two lines (which have different numbers obviously), I want to have the phones ring simulatenously so that I can answer the phone when I am in either rooms. Is this possible with 3CX?

I would also want distinct ring tones with each number (so I know which number is being called). Is this possible with 3CX?

Also, when people call either of the two numbers, I want it to ring the two phones without the need of the caller to dial an extension. Is this possible with 3CX?

Obviously I will have other phones in the office, but those will mainly be used for dialing out, or dialing within the office internally.

Please let me know.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2008
    Yes, they could be the same extension number, with multiple call allowed to that number, or, they could be different extension numbers as a members of a Ring Group. A call set to route to that ring group can be set-up to ring all members at the same time.

That may depend on the ATA you use. In many Some users make use of multi-line VoIP sets sending each trunk to a different extension on the set.

Yes, with the use of a Ring Group.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.