Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

follow me

Discussion in 'Windows' started by mini, Nov 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mini

Hello,

I am looking to purchase the 3CX. But before doing so, I want to see if the functionality I desire would be gained from the 3CX software.

I've looked on the 3CX website for a few hours but can't quite grasp if what I desire is possible or not.

My situation is as follows.

I am in a small office. I have two ordinary telephone lines (not VOIP). I use two rooms within the office.

In the 3CX setup, I would like to have a phone in each of these two rooms. When a call comes in to either of the two lines (which have different numbers obviously), I want to have the phones ring simulatenously so that I can answer the phone when I am in either rooms. Is this possible with 3CX?

I would also want distinct ring tones with each number (so I know which number is being called). Is this possible with 3CX?

Also, when people call either of the two numbers, I want it to ring the two phones without the need of the caller to dial an extension. Is this possible with 3CX?

Obviously I will have other phones in the office, but those will mainly be used for dialing out, or dialing within the office internally.

Please let me know.

Thanks

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Yes, they could be the same extension number, with multiple call allowed to that number, or, they could be different extension numbers as a members of a Ring Group. A call set to route to that ring group can be set-up to ring all members at the same time.

That may depend on the ATA you use. In many Some users make use of multi-line VoIP sets sending each trunk to a different extension on the set.

http://www.3cx.com/blog/voip-howto/caller-id-processing-distinctive-ringing-alert-info/

Yes, with the use of a Ring Group.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.