Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

For the love of God fix the on hold music format....

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Brian Cross, Sep 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian Cross

Brian Cross New Member

Such a pain in the ass you have to format files to WAV (PCM, 8 kHz, 16 bit, Mono, Max size: 100MB) sounds like trash... Only been complaining about this since version 12.

2. AndreasPo_3CX

AndreasPo_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Brian Cross ,

please note that the audio format is set to WAV (PCM, 8 kHz, 16 bit, Mono, Max size: 100MB) for a reason. This is the analogue audio format and that is why it is used in the PBX, to eliminate problems with analogue lines.
    If you think that this should be an option for the administrator to choose you can suggest it in our Ideas section of the forum where it can be up-voted by other users and can be evaluated by the appropriate department.

3. Brian Cross

Brian Cross New Member

With the line in feature being removed another option would be nice other than the standard wav format... I'll submit it but my ideas never get votes so its a waste of time usually.

4. stoneclan

I never understood why 3CX likes to remove features. Allowing Line In via virtual sound card offers a lot of possibilities.

Any idea if this feature will return?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.