• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

For the love of God fix the on hold music format....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian Cross

Reaction score
Such a pain in the ass you have to format files to WAV (PCM, 8 kHz, 16 bit, Mono, Max size: 100MB) sounds like trash... Only been complaining about this since version 12.

Reactions: Ian soong
Hello @Brian Cross ,

please note that the audio format is set to WAV (PCM, 8 kHz, 16 bit, Mono, Max size: 100MB) for a reason. This is the analogue audio format and that is why it is used in the PBX, to eliminate problems with analogue lines.
If you think that this should be an option for the administrator to choose you can suggest it in our Ideas section of the forum where it can be up-voted by other users and can be evaluated by the appropriate department.

With the line in feature being removed another option would be nice other than the standard wav format... I'll submit it but my ideas never get votes so its a waste of time usually.

I never understood why 3CX likes to remove features. Allowing Line In via virtual sound card offers a lot of possibilities.

Any idea if this feature will return?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yparker0320
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.