• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Forbidden outbound calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

seeker2921

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm, trying to setup this pbx. so far its working awsome with one exception. im unable to place any outbound calls. regardless if its calling anotehr extention, my voice mail, or a outside number. ive searched all over the place in these forums and the main site to no avail. on the softphone when trying to dial a number i get dial tone and then dial the number then it returns forbidden. doesnt matter how i dial. also when i hav an extention set to foward a caller to a outside number it tells the caller that an ivr error has happened.

Any ideas?? thanks for the help guys!
Steven

Can you post the call log from a simple ext to ext call?

Thanks.

Mike

Mike,

Thanks for responding, I had forgot to post that this problem was resolved. It was extremely simple and I don't know why I didn't think of it when the problem occurred. in the VOIP client I had the server set as localhost:5061 since I was running the client in the same box as the server it worked fine for incoming calls. once I install the client onto a different box I of course couldn't use localhost so I entered the IP and that corrected my issue. Sorry to be a bother.

Steven

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.