Force early answer of incoming PSTN line

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by SWD, Jun 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SWD

SWD

New and inexperienced user of 3CX - so have patience with me!

I am running a 3CX system with 2 x SPA3102's and 1 x Draytel number

the 2 x SPA3102's are on a company provided PSTN and a home PSTN, all outgoing calls dialing 9 for the company PSTN or 8 for the Home PSTN or 0 for the Draytel number are fine as well as incoming on the company PSTN and the Draytel number.

However the SPA3102 on the home line is configured to make outgoing calls on an 8 prefix but does not answer incoming calls on that PSTN for at least 30 seconds. This is to allow the rest of the phones on the home PSTN to ring as normal for a while before picked up by the 3CX, as the family are not trained well enough yet to use the 3CX and not enpugh VoIP phone in the house yet.

Not sure if the SPA3102 knows the call is there but will not do anything for 30 secs, or is telling the 3CX system to wait for 30 secs before it does anything

My question is - is there a way to pick up any handset on the 3CX system and in theory dial an 8, which is the access number for the outgoing home PSTN line, to pick up the incoming calls on the home PSTN whilst is it still ringing the normal home PTSN extensions and has stll to be answered by the 3CX system.

Hope the question makes sense!

Steve

2. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Hi!

The line has to be picked up by the gateway before 3Cx gets to know about it. So if you want to speed up this process you need to configure the gateway to answer the phone faster....

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.