• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Force registration/authorization on outbound sip calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

digicel

Reaction score
I am trying to force registration data to be provided on all outbound SIP calls.

This is a generic SIP configuration with a unsupported vendor.

When I send an invite I want to send the digest username - realm etc..

For what purpose?

An Invite and a register request are two unrelated requests. An INVITE is used to set-up a call whereas a register request is used to let the provider know how to "contact" (where) an authenticated device/PBX. The register will have an expiry period associated to it whereby once reached, the PBX will send a new register request. If this is not received by the provider, the provider may then start to initiate their pre-programmed disaster recovery mode whereby incoming calls will be re-routed to a fail-over number or IP so as to maintain some form of call continuity. Once the register requests are resumed, calls will revert to normal handling.

When you send an INVITE, the provider will challenge same and the PBX will respond with the needed authentications to prove that the INVITE is valid and should be accepted and acted upon.

Reactions: YiannisH_3CX
Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TLK
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.