FORCE UDP Transport

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mcgaryt, Jun 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcgaryt

One of my provders mydivert.com has shut off TCP transport, seems they have a bug causing issues. They advise using UDP transport, problem is I do not see any seetings that force UDP. In fact I look at my logs and it appears some traffic is coming in UDP, not TCP, but they swear I am coming in TCP. Anyrate does any one know how to force a connection UDP....

2. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

How do you enforce 3CX Phone system to use TCP transport?

Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mcgaryt

Actually I am trying to force traffic to one provider to be transported UDP....Any ideas.

4. carolinainnovative

I think Stepan was being a little sarcastic because there isn't a way to force 3cx to use TCP for SIP - at least not to my knowledge. It uses UDP by default for SIP.

5. mcgaryt

Thanks all. I am being told by the provider that traffic is coming in TCP, thus the question.

6. carolinainnovative

Ok well do this then - put your server on verbose logging mode (Settings -> Advanced -> Logging Level - Choose Verbose) then restart the 3cx services.

Clear the log, force the provider to re-register, place a call to the provider.

Then post the log here using code /code tags. Lets see if it sheds any light.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.