• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Force WiFi only usage ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatboy40

Reaction score
I'm quite interested in potentialy using the iPhone version of this software in a business environment as we're about to go live with 3CX v9 (not Android as the iPhone has better Exchange/ActiveSync support).

However, being wary of the costs associated with mobile data I was wondering if you can possibly force the app to use just WiFi only ?.

Thanks.

Yes, that is possible.
In your iPhone go to Settings > General > Network
Here you can switch off 3G and Mobile Data, so the only connection now is WiFi.
Is this the answer to your question?

Well, not quite, I'm after something native to the 3CX iPhone app itself (I'm never comfortable with end users having to alter settings, as they forget to change them back or screw things up).

Well i don't think it is that much of a heck for the end users. I believe if anybody is interested in saving a buck, he or she can manage. Simply saying where there is a will there is a way. But that is just an opinion...:) good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TLK
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.