forcing a other caller id

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by kweg150, Jul 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kweg150

Hi All,

I've looking for a answer for this matter (have already searched the forum and the net for answers)I'm using the free version, version 7.1.xxx, win xp. One of the voip-providers I'm using is Voipcheap. All worked fine untill I purchased a Dutch voip-in number. Don't know why I did it, but it happened. So when ever I calling from my soho, people see this unknown number to them. So I turned it off and tried to fixed in the numeours settingpanels in the 3CX programm. I did by editing the voip provider, in this case voipcheap, went to the tab 'outbound parameters' and changed 'Sip field - from user part' into 'custom' and in the custom field I entered the caller id i like to use. Clicked on apply and restarted the system. But no luck, I'm still getting the socalled voipin-number.
    Any other suggestions are very welcome.

Regards,

harry

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

So, you purchased VoIP service from this company, are making outgoing calls, and the called party is seeing the number that you got assigned from this company? The first thing you need to ask them (your VoIp Provider)is..."Do you allow me to send out my own caller ID". It may be that you have no control over what number is displayed to callers, not all VoIP providers allow you to send your own number. If they do allow it, then you've got some tweaking to do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.