Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Forcing IN or OFF office but on DID rules and not on the whole 3CX Phone System

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by cesena, Feb 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cesena

Good evening, I have an information to ask, I see that it has been implemented the function "Force 3CX Phone System in or OFF office" trying it and reading the documentation on the site I see that works by disabling and enabling office hours for the whole switchboard so the entire sip trunk.
    There is a similar function that can be applied to an incoming DID rule, I explain better I have a customer who has 100 numbers in input and asks me the ability to enable and / or disable the setting of specific times for the number numbers in select pass through that I have set as DID.

Greetings Gianluca

2. Saqqara

Saqqara Well-Known Member

Guess you have Inbound Rules for the 100 numbers, you can specify 'Set up Specific Office Hours for this trunk' under the inbound rule

Forcing the System In / Out with do this for all system and not DDI's

If the DDI's are used by one user, the person should use the status codes and route calls according. - https://www.3cx.com/user-manual/forwarding/

#2 Saqqara, Feb 1, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
  3. eddv123

eddv123 Well-Known Member

I would agree, the FORCE IN/OUT of office house is for the entire PBX via a dial codes which have the following behavior for the entire PBX:

In office hours
    Out of Office hours
    Back to auto switching based on time

Be aware that Global office hours would not take back over until the start code has been entered to but it back.

4. cesena

Good morning and thanks for the answers, my problem is this way, let's say that the PBX has these hours from 10 to 1 pm from Monday to Friday, same times for the numbers passing DID (eg No. 1234567) from 10 to 1 pm from Monday on friday, but if the customer on Thursday morning wants DID 1234567 to receive calls from 8:30 am to 1 pm, then anticipate the opening only for that DID as is possible without going to change the DID time? this is my problem with the customer.
    I state that in the rules of the DID goes to end a queue and not an extension.
    It would be nice if the forced hourly and out-of-office operation is also applicable to DIDs and not just for the entire PBX.

5. AndreasPo_3CX

AndreasPo_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @cesena,

If I understand the situation correctly, you have 100 DIDs that each forward to an extension and you want to control the office hours of each extension on demand (correct me if I am mistaken).
    If this is the case, what you can do is:
    1. Set the In Offce Hours destination and Out of Office Hours destination of each DID to the extension that the DID belongs to.
    2. Go into the extension Forwarding rules>>Auto Switch and enable this option
    3. Again in the Forwarding rules of the extension, select Do NOT Disturb in the field "If in this status, forward calls as follows"
    4. Set the forwarding rules of the Do NOT Disturb status to wherever you want the calls to be routed during out of office hours.
    This way the extension will be in the Do Not Disturb status when the PBX is out of office but when you want to accept calls on the specific extension/DID you just need to set the extension to the Available status. The Auto Switch option will switch the status of the extension to Available or Do Not Disturb based on the global office hours so the extension will follow the global office hours except when you manually change its status.

Hope this helps.

6. cesena

hello thanks for the answer, I understand your reasoning, but if I set the car the shot in DND can no longer receive the answers from colleagues. and this is not good. The switchboard has 10 seconds at 8:30 am to 6:30 pm, how it works from 8:30 am to 6:30 pm, so the DND is activated and no internal call is received from 8:30 am to 10 am until it returns to Available.
    Using the possibility of forcing the voice to force availability by hand, the DID also opens when, perhaps, no early opening is required on that day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.