• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Forcing indivudual SIP trunks into out of hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathan32

Reaction score
Hi.

I was wanted to see if there is a way to force individual SIP trunks into out of hour or in hours based on a dial code?

At the moment I have two SIP trunks, each sip trunk will go to a different Call Queue during office hours, and a different Digital Receptionist out of office hours. These are for two different business units which keep different hours.

I know I can set the hours on each trunk and have calls route withing those defined times. But i would like to be able to account for when one unit is closed abruptly and the other isn't or if one goes home early etc and needs to change the mode to out of hours.

The dial code can be set to do this for the whole system, but i don't want one unit overriding the other and potentially stopping their call flow.

Can this be achieved? and if not via the SIP trunk could there be another way utilizing Queues/Digital Receptionists and forwarding of extensions?

Thanks in advance, Nathan

Create extensions for each company and route calls for the dids through the appropriate extension. Configure the separate office hours in the extension for business/non-business hours under forwarding rules/auto-switch and their appropriate destination. To manually override the hours you can use the 3cx web client for each company's extension to switch from available to DND.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamingpro2131
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.