• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved Format of the "From" field in the Call Log

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobC

Forum User
Reaction score
When an external caller calls the DDI of one of our users, the Call Log shows:

Date/Time From To Talking
22/03/2018 16:15:58 :[Callee name] ([Caller number]) Callee name (Callee extension) 00:00:08

My question is why does the Callee's name appear in the From field and is there any way to suppress this

Depends on your provider. Approved Trunk or Generic?
You can change the Trunk Parameters -but BEWARE this could screw things up and stop calls altogether.

Screen Shot 2018-03-22 at 11.13.57 AM.png

The SIP Trunk provider is Comms Supply (now Elite Telecom). Do you know which fields I should select for them?

It turns out that what I was seeing in the From field was the name of the Inbound Rule for each DID/DDI (which I had set to being the same as the user's name). Simply removing the names of all the Inbound rules fixed the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.