• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Formatting Internal Caller ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

healthy

Bronze Partner
Basic Certified
Reaction score
Hello,
Have a system that is working well, but a little nuisance I have is that our calls are formatted as follows:

Phone Line - Ring Group - Phone Number

As all lines really forward the same way, I'd prefer to have the caller ID (Name if possible) and then the actual number.
Is there any way to format this?

Thank you,
Scott

Open the 3CX 'Settings' module, then choose 'General'. Select the 'Global Options' Tab.
At the bottom of the 'System Wide options' - select the tick-box for 'Add queue, group and DID names to Caller ID'.

You can then use the setting beneath this to put the caller name either before (prepend) or after (append) the Group etc. name.

I find this puts too much info on the phone display, so I leave the 'inbound rule name' (i.e. the line port name) blank. This means that incoming calls show (in Prepend mode) a Group name followed by the caller number - or if that caller is in the 3CX phone book, the caller name.

If you want to show the caller name and number, then you need to have entries in the 3CX phone book. You would have to have the full name in the 'Firstname' entry, and the phone number as the 'Lastname' entry. This is going to put a lot of info on an LCD though ...

I hope that's helpful ...

Thank you so much Grahm,
Looked all over, never though to look in there!
All the best,
Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NGPMH
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.