Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Formatting the Inbound call ID

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by nakanet, Mar 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nakanet

Hello friends,

Here is Eduardo Nakagawa from Japan.
    I´ve searching for this answer for a long time but I could not find a solution that can fit our necessities.
    Our 3CX Phone System are connected to Skype using the "old fashioned" 3CX Skype Gateway. (Not using the Skype Connect feature due cost issues).
    When we receive calls thru our SkypeIn phone number, our extensions shows the full qualified phone number, as provided by Skype, in the format +81YYYXXXZZZZZZZ for example. (In Japan, all landline, cellphones, IP phones starts their numbers with "0", for example, 03-123-4567 (for a standard landline phone in Tokyo), or 090-1234-5678 (for cellphones, that can starts with 090, 080 or 070), and 050-1234-5678 for VoIP terminals (the same non-regional prefix 050 are assigned to all VoIP terminals Japan nationwide).
    But as I said, when we receive a call from our Skypein line connected to the 3CX Phone System, the extensions receives for example +8131234567 (for the 03-123-4567 number). So we receive a national code +81 and lost the first "0" zero.
    With this, our users were unable, for example, to callback lost calls directly from the phone lost call´s list, because the received number doesn´t fit the dial out standards.
    So, there´s some way to reformat the received Called ID received from Skype (in the international format +81YYYXXXZZZZZ) to a national standard dialing number (0YYYXXXZZZZ) ?
    Of course, if we receive a call from overseas, we need the all this informations send to the extensions, but we would like to have this bypass exception for the domestic calls.
    Does somebody can get me some ideas about it ?

By the way, our 3CX Phone System receives this line of information when a SkypeIn call reaches our server:
    17:43:50.865 [CM503001]: Call(28): Incoming call from +815068608350@(Ln.10012@Skype Trunk Line 1) to <sip:10005@192.168.24.100:5060>

In resume, the idea is:
    If a domestic call (+81) reach us, reformat and broadcast the 0XXYYYZZZZZ number to the extensions.
    If a overseas call reach us, bypass the last rule and send the full qualified international call ID +CountryCode-Phonenumber

Thanks for any help !
    Regards

Eduardo Nakagawa
    Nakanetworks Japan Holdings
    3CX Partner - Nagoya - Japan

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Have you gone over this?

http://www.3cx.com/blog/voip-howto/caller-id-processing-distinctive-ringing-alert-info/

3. nakanet

Hi leejor...
    Sorry for this long time out.
    I read your article suggestion, but I could not find the right answer.
    In the trunking extension (extension handling the inbound and outbound calls from skype to my 3CX) I was able to strip the international prefix (in our case the code "+81" that was signaling a call from Japan, even inside from a domestic call situation...).
    With this configuration, in the screen of my 3CX iPhone app for example, they show (considering a ficticious phone number sent by Skype as "+815068687272")
    Now, the 3CX System are stripping out the +81 code and showing something like this:

First line of the app screen ==> 5068687272
    Second line of the screen ===> +815068687272

If I touch the "History" button of the app, they show something like this:

in BOLD BIG numbers: +815068687272
    in SMALL numbers just under: 5068687272

If I touch this recorded history call, the "Call XXXXXXXX" they show the changed version of the number (the small one).
    But with this configuration, I can´t do a callback for example because there´s a missing "0" in the first position of the number (as I said in the first question, all phone numbers in Japan starts with a "0" (Local, Nationwide or cell-phones), all starts with "0".
    So, do you have any suggestions on how to make the system to show the correct number (in this example, the real number is 05068687272), and have the +81 not only stripped out, but changed (or apeended by) a "0" ?

Thanks for the help !
    Regards for all.
    Eduardo

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You might not be able to display a dial-able number, using your current outbound rules. You may have to create some additional rules that allow the numbers that actually show on the display, to be dialled, as is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.