Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Forward call form sip1 via sip2 to gsm

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by meersmans, May 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meersmans

Hi,

Can I setup the following scenario:

I have a 3starsnet number for incoming phnes which works perfect
    I have a voipbuster account for outgoing phones which works perfect and is cheaper

Now when i am out-of-office i like to forward the calls to my gsm. If i configure this in the 3xc the calls well be forwarded to my gsm but I have to pay the prices of the 3starsnet provider. What i like to do is the following: the incoming call via 3starsnet giving to the cheap sip provider, which forward the call to my gsm. Is that possible? If yes how? (I am thinking maybe i can use my 3starsnet as a did connected to the voipbuster when i am away? Or is that not possible?)

Thx.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You would have to have incoming calls eventually reaching an extension, that is in turn forwarded to your mobile.

3. meersmans

So if i forward a call from extension-3stars to extension-voipbuster, which forwards to my mobile phone, I am paying the minutes via the extension-voipbuster and not extension-3stars?

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You would pay for the call, to the provider, you are using to dial the mobile number.

Keep in mind that calling a mobile number (outside of North America, and a few other area), where the called mobile does not pay to receive the call, and be expensive, even when using VoIP providers. Confirm the rate you will be paying.

5. meersmans

So there is no smart trick to use the cheap provider? I'll put my question different: is it possible to link my number from 3starsnet to my voipbuster account?

6. Chalky

As long as your Outgoing Rules are setup correctly, then the call should go out of the VOIPBuster account.

When transferring a call to an outside number, 3CX follows the same rules as if you were dialling the number yourself. You should see the call come in on one trunk, ring your extension and then try and forward the call back out on the other trunk.

I believe this would use 2 concurrent connections but I'm not sure off the top of my head and my server is currently offline at the moment.

7. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

There is no "trick", per say. The call forwarding will work, as long as 3CX is set-up to correctly handle the call but. What I'm saying is that you should confirm (depending where in the world you are located) that the call to a mobile number is at a rate that you are "happy" with. I have not seen many VoIP providers that offer calling rates, to a mobile, that are as inexpensive as that to a landline (in countries where the mobile customer does not pay for incoming calls)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.