forward call, i want callerID the ID of the caller

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by robgielen, May 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robgielen

I have one problem. If i forward a call to the cellphone. The number on the display is the number of my office. Is it possible to send me also the number of the caller who called me?

for example:

office: 0001111222
    caller: 0123456789

0123456789 call's our office
    in 3cx i forward the call to my cellphone.

on my cellphone there is the number of the office: 0001111222. Can i change that?

Thanks
    Rob

2. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

The caller ID to your mobile is provided by your mobile operator. Since your mobile operator receives a request to call your mobile from a PSTN line - it provides the PSTN line number as a caller ID.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Halea

Halea New Member

Archie,
    Isn't it that caller ID consists of two fields; one which is the phone number (and you cannot touch it - the actual carrier sets its content) and the other a user definable name or alphanumeric string?
    Couldn't you have the 3CX software to read the incoming caller ID phone number and put it in the user definable caller name field as the call is forwarded to another number?
    Don't you think that such a capability would be useful?
    Halea

4. coslau

I do !
    We have the same need, when forwarding direcly to our PABX... we would like to see original callerid

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

This would work only if, (A) You are using a VoIP provider for the outgoing portion of the call (to the mobile) AND (B) Your VoIP provider allows you to change the number that they pass on to the person you are calling.

So, if your call is going out through a gateway to a PSTN line then you are out of luck as the PSTN provider will only pass on the outgoing line number or your main billing (incoming) number, depending on how you have arranged it with them

6. mobidutch

So..suppose that my VOIP provider allows that caller ID substitution, how can I configure 3CX to make that happen?

7. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

This subject has come up many times, here's one of them.

http://www.3cx.com/forums/passing-callerid-on-forwarding-with-v8-12035.html#p70229

8. mobidutch

Thx for the link...unfortunately that thread is open ended, does not say if it is or is not possible. I'll have to play around with it a bit, I suppose.

9. jim@itstod.se

jim@itstod.se New Member

Here you can place a vote for this feature.

http://www.3cx.com/forums/keep-pstn-caller-id-on-forward-from-voip-to-voip-10535.html

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.