Forward call on phone level

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Molsen6, Jun 10, 2007.

1. Molsen6

How can I forward calls on phone level?

On a spa962 and the Call forward menu the is the option
    Cfwd No Ans Dest: <number to be forwarded to>
    Cfwd No Ans Delay: <Sec>

When putting in a number, I get the follow error in the log.

CallConf::Rejected Call(C:175) is rejected: User Not Found
    StratInOut::eek:nCancel Call(C:175): Call from Ln:10003@Line_96956007 to 101 terminated; reason: User Not Found
    CallTarget::create Forward loop detected for destination 101Forward history:{101}
    Endpoint::findSource Can not find source by following specs: Contact IP: '10.95.96.5'; From: '29296053'; To: '101'; Rline: '040327777'; Contact: '29296053'

When I do the same on asterisk it works.

Thanks
    Michael

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Try to set the extension to external and/ or bind to media server.

3. Molsen6

Hi Henk

It's set to bind to media server. Have tried to make it external, but nu luck.
    Any other ideas?

Regards
    Michael

4. 3CXsupport

3CXsupport New Member
    3CX Staff

If you want a phone to forward all it's incomming calls then just set the forward all calls tab in the extension's settings page. You have a few options where you can forward to:

Continue Ringing
    End Call
    Forward to Voice Mail
    Forward to Extension
    Forward to Ring Group
    Forward to Queue
    Forward to Digital Receptionist
    Forward to Outside Number

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think we looking for something a bit more sophisticated than that, it is in the order of "follow me"

So I can deregister the phone from the network by using a magic key or set of keys eg #9 or something like that.

By de registering the phone, the IVR should do what ever it is been told.

The ability to control the call path by using the DTMF on the phone is something a few of us looking for I guess. We not always have the ability to sit behind a keyboard with a mouse to control the PBX.

I seen some of of the special keys here and there but not sure if they are fully described in the manual. (something else to add I guess).

6. Molsen6

Henk,

You are right. I don't want a "normal person" to login the PBX and change
    the system.

It would be nice to do it by DTMF or using the phones option like call forward.

I have tried several PBX's and the all support call forward on phone level.

Alternative there could be a interface for each user where you could set the call forward and maybe see call log.

Regards
    Michael

7. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Hi Michael,

You can probably configure the phones to do this, but it would be a function of the phones so you would have to check the phone manual.

However, our road map includes this feature - i.e allowing users to configure this from the call assistant. It wont be in the next version (due out next week) but surely in the one following that say september.

8. Molsen6

Hi Nick

Thanks for the answer and a great product.

The phone does support this option, but when I try it i'm getting the following in the log.

CallConf::Rejected Call(C:175) is rejected: User Not Found
    StratInOut::eek:nCancel Call(C:175): Call from Ln:10003@Line_96956007 to 101 terminated; reason: User Not Found
    CallTarget::create Forward loop detected for destination 101Forward history:{101}
    Endpoint::findSource Can not find source by following specs: Contact IP: '10.95.96.5'; From: '29296053'; To: '101'; Rline: '040327777'; Contact: '29296053'

This a problem for every small company (I will guess) , that people can't forward there calls without getting a system admin to do it.

All sipura boxes support this option, but I can't get it to work.
    I simply put the number in cfwd field incl. the digit for outside line. See above

Any other ideas?

Regards
    Michael