Forward call to a cell phone

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by NickK, Mar 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NickK

Hi. I'd like to have such a setup so when people dialing a specific extension the call will get forwarded to my cell phone from a Digital Receptionist. Is there any way of doing so?
    Thank you.

2. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

Have the call sent to an extension, set the forwarding on the extension to forward to your cell phone.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. NickK

Thank you Kerry, i forward all calls to external number but it keep saying that call failed the number is busy. tried different numbers - same story.
    Am i doing that step wrong?
    Thank you

4. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

Look at your server activity log to see what is happening. If you can call the cell phone from a regular extension then the phone system can call it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Do you have more than one phone line (for the outgoing call) coming into 3CX?

6. mhanson

mhanson New Member

Make sure that your outbound rules have a provision for the system to forward to your cell (I.E. Allow calls from the 999/9999 special menu depending on extension length, or if the logs are showing it as Ext. Call Forward to have an outbound route that is not set by extension, but rather number length/starting with.

7. NickK

I have just one phone - granstream 2000
    here is part of server log
    20:06:32.181 [CM503016]: Call(45): Attempt to reach <sip:300@127.0.0.1:5060> failed. Reason: Busy
    20:06:32.181 [CM303006]: There's no outbound rule for external number '16478863327' defined
    20:06:32.181 [CM303006]: There's no outbound rule for external number '16478863327' defined
    20:06:32.181 [CM503010]: Making route(s) to <sip:300@127.0.0.1:5060>

Outbound rule:

call to numbers starting with -1
    Calls from extensions - 300
    Calls to Numbers with length of - 7,8,9,10,11

Route - VOIP
    Strip Digits -1
    Prepend - 6478863327

8. NickK

999 is just voice mail extension?>

9. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Try it without limiting it here to one extension.in other words, leave it blank

You need to build the rule based on an actual number range as dialed from someone using an extension (or as programmed in a call forward call field). The digits to be dialed should be elsewhere (in the call forward field) , not prepended here. The routing can be tested and should work from both an extension and a pre-programmed call forward number.

10. NickK

now it says "not recognized number". What do i put is "strip digits"?
    This 3cx is not easy to setup..

11. mfm

mfm Active Member

Can you describe the number you want to mobile number you want to dial, the devices you want to use to dial out from and the rule you have created describing every field you filled or left blank in the order shown in 3CX. I might be able to give you a clear indication of the rule you need to set up.

12. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

This is where you would put digits to strip off the beginning of the number you dial from an extension. As an example, in an office, you dial 92015551212 to dial an outside number. 9 is the access code to tell 3CX that the number you are dialling is to go to an outside trunk. You creaet a rule for numbers beginning with 9 and are 11 digits in length. The phone company only want to see 2015551212, so....you want to strip off the 9 and send the remaining numbers out on the trunk you've chosen. This same rule will be used by any call forwarding you have set up. The call forward number would be put in in the same format you would dial it from an extension.

If all of the outside number you dialled began with a 0 (zero) and you didn't want to have to , or didn't require an access code, like the 9, the you could set up a rule that began with 0 and didn't strip off any digits as you wanted all the digits you dialled on the 3CX extension to go out on the trunk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.