Forward Caller ID to Ring Group?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by eugeneo, Feb 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eugeneo

Hi, I've been playing around with 3CX seeing if it will do what I need it to do, but I can't figure this out for the life of me. Basically I have 1 SIP Number connected to the PBX and when that number is called it rings The Extension, then 2 other external phones. Now whenever this happens the Caller ID says its the PBX Calling, but is there a way to show the number that's calling the PBX Instead?

Thanks, Please let me know

2. Henk

Henk Member

Doe the CLID show up on the phone if you receive a call without using the PBX?

Also have a look in the log file and post the lines out of the activity log that represent the incoming call.

This might give us some insight into what is happening

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. alexmallia

alexmallia New Member
    3CX Support

What VOIP provider are you using?

regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. TSchuelke

Did you enable the "Append Group and DID names to Caller ID" option? This caused the same behaviour on our phones probably simply because the string was too long.

5. eugeneo

Hi Guess some of you do not understand the question I am asking, so I will attempt to clarify

Suppose a call is coming though

Phone -> VOIP PROVIDER -> PBX -> Ring Group (Ring 2 IP phones, and 2 External Phones) -> But when the call comes into one of the external phones the caller id is the one for the PBX.

My provider is Unlimitel.ca

6. kevin

kevin Member

Hi there

Please advise model of SIP Phone for each of the 3 phones, identifying which is internal and which is external.

If models are different it may be phone-related...

Regards

Kevin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.