Forward Calls from Digital Receptionist

Discussion in 'Windows' started by mantalope, Jul 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mantalope

I have a request that all external calls directed to a specific extension be forwarded to another extension to be screened. So, if someone calls our system, is connected to our digital receptionist, and enters the individuals extension, can we configure the system to direct the call to another extension. Only calls from the digital receptionist should be directed to the other extension, as internal company calls to that extension should not be forwarded.

Is it possible to set up a call forwarding exception that can detect that the call is coming from the digital receptionist and direct accordingly?

Thanks for any help.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I believe that once they have dialled an extension, then that extensions call forward rules would apply. If callers have learned , or you have been telling them, that they can dial an extension directly, then there may not be much you can do at this point. If most have not yet discovered this "feature' then (obviously) don't promote it. Simply have them push a number (you could have any number they press go off to the same extension), and then be directed to wherever you wish.

I haven't tested it, but, if you had extensions that all started with, say, a 2, and you had 2 as one of the selections on the DR. Will it allow you to dial an entire extension number, or send you to the destination set by dialling the single digit 2. You might experiment with this.

3. mantalope

Thanks for the feedback leejor.

We have been using the system for multiple years with the ability to dial in to a direct extension and our DR menu options (i.e. dial 2 for ...) are already in place.

Our workaround may be to provide a second extension that can be used internally and the just forward the existing extension to the receptionist for call screening purposes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.